Monday 4 May 2015

Pepe's Text on Bob Marley


Bob Marley OM (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981) was a Jamaican reggae singer-songwriter, musician, and guitarist who achieved international fame and acclaim. Starting out in 1963 with the group the Wailers, he forged a distinctive songwriting and vocal style that would later resonate with audiences worldwide. The Wailers would go on to release some of the earliest reggae records with producer Lee Scratch Perry. After the Wailers disbanded in 1974,Marley pursued a solo career that culminated in the release of the album Exodus in 1977, which established his worldwide reputation and produced his status as one of the world's best-selling artists of all time, with sales of more than 75 million records


Robert Nesta Marley was born on the farm of his maternal grandfather in Nine Mile, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica, to Norval Sinclair Marley (1885-1955) and Cedella Booker (1926-2008). Norval Marley was a British-born European-Jamaican from Sussex England, whose family had Syrian Jewish origins. Norval claimed to have been a captain in the Royal Marines, though at the time of his marriage to Cedella Booker, an African-Jamaican then 18 years old, he was employed as a plantation overseer. Though Bob Marley was named Nesta Robert Marley, a Jamaican passport official would later reverse his first and middle names. Norval provided financial support for his wife and child but seldom saw them as he was often away.


Bob Marley died in 1981, officially due to malignant melanoma, a dangerous type of cancer that was found on his toe. It's not quite as simple as it sounds, though.

1.TRUE OR FALSE 

a) The name of Bob Marley's band was "the Exodus"

b) Bob Marley died in 1981.




2. OPEN QUESTIONS

a) Where was he born?

b) Who was Bob Marley?



3. SYNONYMS 

a) Entertainers (1 paragraph)

b) Guitar player (1 paragraph)

c) Spectators (1 paragraph)

d) Hazardous (3 paragraph)

11 comments:

  1. Hi, guys! I'm sorry for the delay but i've been away and I didn't have internet. Just to apologise I'll add a video that perfectly shows what was Bob Marley's best and most amazing talent: Music!
    Enjoy it :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_BcaI0i0w

    We'll be having our blog session on Wednesday. That'll give you enough time to comment and answer the questions ok?
    Adrián and Fran you have to give me your texts by friday since you'll be next! :)
    Enjoy our last free day and see you all tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pepe! I think your article is really interesting because it talks about the musical career of Bob Marley. I have never heard this music, but I have seen the song that Ana post on the blog and a like so much. It´s the typical text that you think "Oh no this it´s going to be boring, but then the text sorprise you and change your idea about it! (I had liked more the other text jajajaja:))

    Good Job and congrats Pepe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like, is very interesting because I know a new musician. Is a good idea to put the photo. The only thing I don´t like is that the text is a little bit long.
    GOOD WELL PEPE!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia De Mateo:)5 May 2015 at 18:56

    hi! i like your text because Bob Marley was a person very important in the music world and it´s really interesting know things about him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carlos Evangelista5 May 2015 at 19:14

    Hi,Pepe!
    I think that this text is cool because it is about a very famous person that was Bob Marley. I think that he was a very good musician and writer. In addition,a original thing of your text is that you have put a photo of him.
    Good job Pepe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this text so much because you talk about a famous singer , also I like this Text because that singer was one of the sellers about their image .finally, I like this text because I like his music .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pepe last summer I was in the caribbean coast of costa rica and I saw a lot of rastafarians who are Bob Marley´s followers and I also heart many reagge songs, Good job

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that is a very good text because I don't know so much about the life of Bob Marley.
    Also I think that is a topic that a lot of people like.
    GOOD BLOG!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hiii!!
    I like so much this text sice Bob Marley is a great artist and one of my favorites historical musicians and I liked to know more about his family and how he was formed.
    Good job pepe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. luis larruscain5 May 2015 at 21:33

    I think this text is very good and interesting because tells Bob Marley's life. I don't know a lot of reggae music but I think it is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pepe! I think your text was great because it talks about a famous Jamaican singer, song-writer and guitarist that did great songs that i know because of some friends that like so much this singer, and because i think that's a topic that i think is related to your way of being.
    Good job and congratulations Pepe!!!

    ReplyDelete