Tuesday 19 May 2015

Fran's Text on Sofía Vergara



He was born on July 10, 1972 in Barranquilla, Colombia.
She had a child at 19 and divorced at 20.

Sofia Vergara was discovered by a talent scout on a beach in the Colombian Caribbean. He did a commercial for Pepsi that was very successful in Colombia and helped him to become advertising and catwalk model.


He moved to Miami and signed an exclusive contract with Univision, where he presented programs Offbeat and A not you dare. In addition was the presenter of the program for a pump station in New York and participated in the telenovela Acapulco, body and soul of the Mexican network Televisa.


He did not get interesting jobs in the United States until the hair is dark. With attitude, Latin accent and being a natural blonde, did not know where I could fit in. It began in the English-speaking media participating as a presenter at the American Comedy Awards.

She also works like model, she created here own clothing line , called: vergara by sofia.





Awards

Emmy
2010 - Best Actress in a Comedy Series - Modern Family - Candidate
2011 - Best Actress in a Comedy Series - Modern Family - Candidate
2012 - Best Supporting Actress in series or miniseries - Modern Family - Candidate

Golden Globes
2011 - Best Actress in series or miniseries - Modern Family - Candidate
2012 - Best Supporting Actress in series or miniseries - Modern Family - Candidate
2013 - Best Supporting Actress in series or miniseries - Modern Family - Candidate

Screen Actors Guild Award
2009 - Better distribution of television - Comedy - Modern Family - Candidate
2010 - Best TV Actress - Comedy - Modern Family - Candidate
2010 - Better distribution of television - Comedy - Modern Family - Winner
2011 - Best TV Actress - Comedy - Modern Family - Candidate
2011 - Better distribution of television - Comedy - Modern Family - Winner
2012 - Best TV Actress - Comedy - Modern Family - Candidate
2012 - Better distribution of television - Comedy - Modern Family - Winner
2013 - Better distribution of television - Comedy - Modern Family - Winner
Satellite Award
2011 - Best Supporting Actress Series, Miniseries or TV movie - Modern Family - Candidate


Activities

TRUE OR FALSE:


1: Sofia Vergara was discovered by a talent scout at a Brazilian beach.

2. She won a golden globes.

3. She has a child.

OPEN QUESTIONS:

1. How old is she?

2. How did she become famous?


SYNONYMS:

1 ad (p.2)-

2 broadcaster (p.3)-

3 rewards (p.4)-

9 comments:

  1. Since you all know I love "Modern Family" here I leave you a link with Gloria's funniest moments Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-6UY-dHnNQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I like so much Fran´s article because, as Ana, I like really much Modern Family and it is my favourite TV serie. I think that in the serie Gloria is very pretty and she acting very well.
    Good Job and Congrats Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlos Beltrá Merino20 May 2015 at 20:49

    Hi Fran!
    your text was so interesting for me because I like so much the comedy serie " Modern Family ".I like the text because when Sofia starts was of a southamerican country and she learned english and started to became an actress.
    GOOD JOB Fran!
    PD: thanks for the video Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fran I think this text is very interesting because I like moder family and also because I like Sofia Vergara acts.I think the next time could you make it easier to read because the text was difficult. PAELLA GOOD WORK !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fraan!
    I like this text because talks about an actress that I like because of the TV serie Modern Family.I think that it´s a nice a topic and an interesting text to read.I also learn some things about this actress thanks for this text.
    GOOD JOB AND CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fran! I´ve found your text so interesting, because it talks about a very famous, pretty and funny actress that participates in the tv series "modern family". The text was very good because it was very clear, the only thing that it has is that it´s too long, i think you could eliminate the part of the awards.
    Good job and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudia del Cerro24 May 2015 at 13:02

    HI Fran!
    I like your text because I think that the topis is very interesting and also,
    because this is one of my favorite actress.
    GOOD JOB FRAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carlos Evangelista24 May 2015 at 18:34

    Hi!
    I think this text is very absorbing because it talks about a famous actress called Sofia Vergara. This article has helped me to know more about this actress and her life. Also, it´s easy to read as well.
    Good Job Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patricia De Mateo:)24 May 2015 at 18:43

    I like this text because its really interesting and original and I love so much this actress. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete