Friday 30 January 2015

Claudia's Text on the Platypus and the Cows of the Highlands

THE PLATYPUS

The platypus is considered one of the strangest animals in the world

and belongs to the family of the Ornithorhynchus anatinus.

It is an animal that is found only in Australia and in the island of

Tasmania, and lives in burrows in places where there are lakes and

Most of them can live even 10 years, and when babies are born


It is one of the five animals that lay eggs being a mammal, and one

of the few venomous mammals; the venom is injected by the spur of

It is a carnivore that eats larvae, insects and fresh water shrimp.


THE COWS OF THE HIGHLANDS

This rugged cattle breed is one of the oldest ones living for centuries

in the harsh climate of Scotland. Its forelock gives a pretty and funny

look, and performs an essential function. In winter it protects them

from wind, snow, storm and insects that might transmit infections.

The two layers of their hair make them excellent cows. The matted

coat of the outer layer sometimes reaches 33 centimeters long, is

oily and repels rain and snow. Below that layer, they have another

soft coat that kept them warm.




True or False:

1) Most of the platypus can live even 12 years.

2)The hair of the cows of highlands sometimes reaches 33 cm long.

3)The platypus only is found in Australia and Canada.

Open questions:

a) What is the name of the family the platypus comes from?

b)Which things make the hair of the cows of highlands to be

essential?

Synonyms :

a)transfer(5 paragraph)

B)fleecy (3 paragraph)

c) curious(1 paragraph)

d)hot(6 paragraph)

15 comments:

  1. Hi Claudia! Your text is phenomenal because it tells you a lot of information about this strange animal called the platyplus and about the cows of the highlands and because i like a lot the topics about the animals.
    Congratulations Claudia you did a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy Claudia.

    This text is so interesting, but i think that it´s more curious than other ones who we´ve written before. In this text you talk about a peculiary family of Ornithorynchus,and where did they live, who put the eggs and finally what food can they eat like larvae, wáter insects,shrimp...I impresionated when I read that they can live even 10 years moreorless. Almost they´re the most venomous animal in the world.I´m not going to talk so much about the cows of the highlands; so the principal detail what I read, is the hair of this animal.This hair protect the animal to prevent infections and kept warm of wind, snow and storm in winter.

    WELL DONE CLAUDIA
    CONGRATULATIONS FOR
    A GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tour texto because i really like animals, alzó is ver y interesting.
    Good job Claudia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don´t like the text because I´m not interested in any fact of these two animals,but instead of that,>I think all is perfect so...
    GOOD JOB CLAUDIAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carlos Beltrá Merino4 February 2015 at 20:28

    Hi Claudia your text was really cool because in my case i love strange animals like the platypus or the cow of the highlands. I think you text was easy to read and the topic was awesome. Good Job Claudia!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this text because usually I do quite like animals and especially rare animals like these and I also think good idea to stick photos so read the text to get an idea about how animals

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carlos Evangelista5 February 2015 at 19:18

    Hi Claudia!
    I have enjoyed this text because it is an original and cool topic about the platypus and the cow of the highlands. It is easy to read. I have to admit that I didn´t know about this two animal species. I´m surpised about the hair length of the cows of the highlands which is very long as compared with other species.
    Good job Claudia!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!

    To be honest, I didn't like this text as much as others, because I'm not really interested in this topic although I love animals. Apart from that little fact, your text was very good. I learned things that I didn't know before. Good job Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claudia!!!
    I think that your text is so interesting because i love animals. And put photos i found a great idea, beacause i didn´t know how were the cows.
    GREAT JOB AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patricia De Mateo:)5 February 2015 at 19:51

    I like so much this text because I think is really amused. The animals are beautiful and that photos are so cute. I love it. GOOD JOB:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello claudia I really like your text because you talk about two animal that are amazing and beautiful . the photos are good because we can see the beauty that have the animals and we see the loveliness of the photo too

    finally I thik that are so much because we can read that the platypus can lay eggs mamals

    good job claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claudia!!
    I think this text is very exciting because it talks about two strange or no very common animales: The platypus and the cow of highlands.
    Very good text Claudia!!!!��������������

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claudia! I find your article really interesting because I don´t know the cow of Highlands. I think that is a very beautiful animal and it also amazing.
    Great job and congratulations Claudia:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marina García Rodríguez5 February 2015 at 20:56

    Hii!! I like so much this text because it talks about animals and this topic is interesting for me. The part of the text that I like more is the Scotland Cow because I love her "flequillo".
    CONGRATSS AND GOOD JOB CLAU!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi! this is a wonderfull text about very extrange animals that only live on specific places in the world. I like a lot the platypus because they are a mix between duck , beaver and also it reminded me of my early days because when i was little i used to see phineas and ferb .
    CONGRATULATIONS CLAUDIA!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete