Sunday 19 October 2014

Sara's blog on The Fault in our Stars

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS.

Hazel is a girl of 16 years old with cancer. She encounters a boy named Augustus Waters in one of the support group sessions that she attends. Augustus is smart, appealing and has a prothetic leg, although there are not signs of cancer in his body.

-What's your name?-he said
-Hazel
-No, your full name
-Um... Hazel Grace Lancaster.
He just looked to her.
-What?- she asked
-Nothing...-he said
-And why are you looking at me like that?
-Because you are beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people.
-I'm not beautiful...

Then Augustus reached into a pocket and pulled out a packet of cigarettes. He flipped it open and put a cigarette between his lips.

-Are you serious? Do you think that's cool? Oh my god, even though you had FREAKING CANCER, you give money to a company in exchange, for the chance to acquire YET MORE CANCER!! Totally disappointing.
-Hazel Grace, if you don't light the cigarette, will not hurt you. It's a metaphor see:
You put the killing thing between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing.
                                                           
 QUESTIONS

1.- TRUE OR FALSE   
a) Augustus Waters have cancer.                

b) Hazel met Augustus in a support group sessions of her mom.              

2.- OPEN QUESTIONS
a) What did he say about putting the cigarette between his lips as a metaphor?
b) Does Augustus smoke?

3.- SYNONYMS.
a) admirable (paragraph 2):
b)  bitter (paragraph 4):
c) attractive (paragraph 1):
d) opportunity (paragraph 4): 

15 comments:

  1. I like this text so much because I like the things that the boy is saying because they were so true, also i don't think he has to put the cigarette into his lips, but that's not the thing, it was so interesting and exciting, i think that with texts like this, the subject and the blog couldn't be boring.
    Very good job Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent comment! Thank you Marcos :)

      Delete
    2. jose maria molina soler21 October 2014 at 20:06

      think this text is brilliant because i like the things that the boy and the girl say . and the thing that do the boy with the cigarette .

      Delete
  2. Hi, I think this text and film is favulous I was to the cinema and I saw. I love so much, this is my favorite part and you put it. I think that you made a fantastic work. Do you love Augustus (Angel Elgort) like me :)? VERY GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SARA G.J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enrique Chillón21 October 2014 at 21:26

    I like it because with a little text like this you can say wonderful things The text is very good , the metaphor of the wording is very nice and deep.
    I think like marcos because this kind of text do the blog and also the subject more interesting.
    very good job Sara☻☻☻☻☻☻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlos Beltrá Merino22 October 2014 at 18:27

    I like this text because it talks about the life and the differen types to see them because Hazel see the life like a beautiful moment to a lot of things, but August se the life like a moment to be "guay" and he somke one time and...
    But Hazel don´t want to smoke because she´s on danger and she see that August is automaking bad and he don´t want to reconaise it.
    I LIKE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this text is very well because i like that the boy and the girl says i like so much good job sara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marina García Rodríguez23 October 2014 at 19:18

    Hi! I like very much this part of the book "The fault in our stars" because I saw the film in summer and I love it but I cried so much, I don´t read the book but I would like to read.
    GREAT JOB SARA!!!
    Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carlos Evangelista23 October 2014 at 20:12

    I have enjoyed this text because it talks about how the girl tells the guy the bad things you can have if you smoke,such as cancer, it's a very interesting topic and has a good structure

    Very Good Sara!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like so much this text because I read the book and saw the film,I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:).
    I like the part when Augustus tell her the metaphor about the cigarette.
    the story shows you how difficult is to live whit cancer but how they try
    to be happy in the spite of that illness.
    VERY GOOD JOB SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patricia De Mateo:)23 October 2014 at 20:53

    I love this text, I think that Sara chosen very well the text, because is a true story, many people don´t realize the good fortune we have. This small part of the book is really interesting is one of my best:) It´s a very nice topic because she talk about a difficult life, because Hazel has cancer. I've seen the movie and I almost cried a lot because it was a sad story, anyway, I love it. GOOD JOB SARA:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! When I read the title I think: "Oh god this article is going to be boring because some friends(girls) said to me a few days before the resume of the complete film and I don´t like very much. But I read today and It think: "This article is very interesting and it say very interesting things, I like very much". I like very much this article because it say very interesting and really good things, like the metaphor of the cigarette. I think that those persons are very intelligent.
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eduardo Rodriguez23 October 2014 at 22:21

    I liked this text because while you are reading it you want to know what will happen next.I also like the metaphor of the cigarette.
    Good job Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent job people! I'm very proud :)

    ReplyDelete